Show Mobile Navigation

Templateism?

Friday, October 11, 2013

Emeka Ike-Nigerian producers hate me

Abraham - October 11, 2013

emeka: Image: Facebook

Nollywood actor Emeka Ike is back, not on the screen, but with another allegation that Nigerian Producers hate him for speaking the truth.

 

In an interview with Nigerianfilms in Lagos, the controversial actor stated that he can’t get movie roles because he stands against sexual harassment in the industry.

 

We got part of the interview word for word, so please take a read:

 

“If you knock at their office and you can’t sleep with them, you won’t be allowed to act. Is it fair to tell a girl that 'if I don’t sleep with you, you won’t get my favor '?

 

"If God does that to us, where would we be today? This situation is a general norm. Ask the smallest artiste about my position on the situation.

 

"I have stopped productions several times because of (sexual harassment). That’s why sometimes they have issues with me."

Emeka narrated an ugly incident he witnessed on a movie set.

 

For more gists Like us on Facebook so we can be friends,follow us on Twitter  to talk and subscribe to our youtube channel for musical videos and news

“There was a day I saw a girl crying at a corner of a movie set. She is a make-up artiste now because she has stopped acting.

 

"I approached her and asked why she was crying. She was lamenting like a girl who has just lost her mother.

"She told me that ‘look at the girl going with my script, that ugly animal. The producer said if I can’t sleep with him, I can’t get the script.”

 

"She mentioned the name of the person. So because she can’t sleep with that man, she has to be marginalized.

 

"I have something against that. If a girl wants to sleep with you because you are a star or because she likes you, so be it. Don’t twist someone's arm. That is rape!

 

"Abroad,you will go to jail for even suggesting it to her."

Emeka dished out an advice to Nollywood veterans.

"You need to be responsible and responsive to the younger people you have exposed acting to. You need to stand up and fight for them. Right now, they are interested in acting and there is no place to go to."

0 comments:

Post a Comment